I spent this weekend working on one of my goals for this year, getting my photographs organized.
I did an initial sort yesterday, the first sort was by surname. I was able to get through all the photographs in my collection. Once sorted I put all the different photographs sorted by family surnames into their own storage box.
Today I started going through the storage boxes and started a second sort. This sort was getting rid of duplicates and organizing by year (which was a lot of guess work). I was able to get through two surnames today (Jordan and Stewart). Lacking enough supplies has left me at a standstill, just as I was getting into the groove I ran out of the clear plastic sleeves that I want to use for my originals. I will have to get more sleeves and attack it again next weekend.
It feels really good to finally be getting somewhere with my pictures. I can’t imagine how it will feel once I am done.
Once they are all sorted by surname and chronologically I plan to scan, identify and number them for easy retrieval!
I also listened to a webinar while I worked so it was a good genealogy weekend!